Postdoctoral Associate - Genomic Medicine
Postdoctoral Associate - The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
Please submit your resume to this posting if you would like to be considered for any of our current and/or future postdoctoral opportunities.
About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world's top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: As a Postdoctoral Associate at The Jackson Laboratory, you will join a respected and growing scientific enterprise with eight decades of distinguished research in mammalian genetics and a promising future in genomic medicine. Your research will contribute to our important mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Learn about our Faculty and explore the exciting research happening in their labs at jax.org/faculty, and check out a full listing of our current postdoc opportunities at bit.ly/JAX-Postdocs.
Our Postdoctoral Associates enjoy distinct advantages, including:
- A uniquely collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary "team science" without departmental barriers
- Unparalleled genomic resources and superior research support services
- Close interaction with our award-winning faculty members
- Partnerships with leading universities and medical centers
- Numerous courses and conferences focused on genetics, genomics and biomedicine
- Exceptional benefits, ample time off and other valuable programs
- Working for an institution that has repeatedly been voted among the top 15 "Best Places to work in Academia" in the world by readers of The Scientist
- PhD (or nearing completion of PhD degree)
- Background in human genetics or genomics and disease research
- Publications (1st author highly advantageous)
MORE ABOUT JAX: The Jackson Laboratory began in 1929 with a small group of scientists dedicated to the emerging field of genetics. We now have over 1,700 scientists, technicians, and support staff, including over 50 Principle Investigators in five primary disease areas: cancer, reproductive biology, immunology, metabolic processes and neuroscience. Our fundamental contributions to biomedical research include cancer genetics and establishing the mouse as the premier research animal model.
- Uncover more of our historic milestones, including the 26 Nobel prizes associated with our research, resources, and education
- Read our latest news & insights for a glimpse at how we're impacting the future of biomedicine
- Follow the progress we're making on our quest to improve human health via our recent research highlights
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Company Description Leading the search for tomorrow's cures. Learn