Salesforce Application Administrator
Tracking Code 6483
Applications Senior Administrator
About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world's top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: The Applications Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, operations, and support of one or more applications. The Applications Administrator also ensures application provisioning and maintenance are consistent with company goals, required service level agreements, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The Application Administrator in conjunction with the Senior Application and SharePoint Lead utilizes tools and best practices in support and expansion of platform, including programming and scripting as required. With a deep understanding of business processes, they configure and maintain the workflows within the application.
An Applications Senior Administrator will be differentiated by greater demonstrable experience with the required application or platform; the demonstrated ability to lead projects to completion with minimal direction; coordination of activities across departments in the use and expansion of the application platform; participation in operational planning; and contribution technology platform planning.
This position may be located on either the Connecticut or Maine campus.
Create and Manage Changes to the System:
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Proactively gather feedback from users.
- Manage system changes without interruption to the user.
- Communicate system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation.
- Gather requirements from end users.
- Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Manage the change control process and "Change Management" Committee if appropriate.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.com.
- Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Create custom objects when necessary.
- Handle on???going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide support functions as needed.
- Provide sales and financial data to company executives.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity:
- Map salesforce.com hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grant/ remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Design, Create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction:
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provide one to one training to end users on an on???going basis.
- Expand use of Salesforce.com - attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how salesforce.com can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
- Assist sales management to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end???user experience.
- Be the company SME on Salesforce.com.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance:
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance:
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
- Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with SFDC.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance:
- Create and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
- Develop complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information for Senior Management.
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or management of information systems (MIS) with at least 3 years' work experience or 5+ years in a role where the installation, maintenance, operations, and support of one or more applications was the prime responsibility.
- Application-specific certifications are desirable.
- Proven experience with ITIL service management framework.
- Ability to lead small projects.
- Ability to lead others.
- Effective written, oral, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Proven exceptional customer experience skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in business and technical requirements elicitation; business process modeling.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a cover letter along with your resume/CV. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
MORE ABOUT JAX
The Jackson Laboratory began in 1929 with a small group of scientists dedicated to the emerging field of genetics. We now have over 1,700 scientists, technicians, and support staff, including over 50 Principle Investigators in five primary disease areas: cancer, reproductive biology, immunology, metabolic processes and neuroscience. Our fundamental contributions to biomedical research include cancer genetics and establishing the mouse as the premier research animal model.
- Uncover more of our historic milestones, including the 26 Nobel prizes associated with our research, resources, and education
- Read our latest news & insights for a glimpse at how we're impacting the future of biomedicine
- Follow the progress we're making on our quest to improve human health via our recent research highlights
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job LocationCompany Description Leading the search for tomorrow's cures. Learn