Job Description - Security Officer
Securitas Security Services USA
Title: Security Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
?? The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
?? All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
?? Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
?? In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
?? All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
2. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
3. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
4. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed-circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
5. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
6. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
7. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
8. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
9. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
10. Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.Company Description Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 500 local Branch Managers and more than 88,000 Security Officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USA's core business is Security Services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile security services, monitoring, and consulting and investigations.
We hire people from all walks of life with a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives united with a common purpose - "To help protect homes, workplaces and communities by providing the security needed to help protect their assets and safeguard their people." Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness, represented by the three dots on our logo, are qualities our employees are proud to demonstrate daily.
At Securitas USA we believe that the future of our company can only be achieved if we help with the continuity of our people skills. We believe in proper recruitment, extensive training and ongoing coaching. We strive to help our employees develop to their full potential.