Hotel Front Desk Guest Service Associate
3 days left
- Job Board
POSITION TITLE: Guest Service Associate
REPORTS TO : Front of House Manager
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinates a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
2. Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
3. Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
4. Understands room status and room status tracking.
5. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
7. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
9. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
10. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
11. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
12. File room keys
13. Knows how to use front office equipment.
14. Process guest check-outs.
15. Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
16. Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
17. Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
18 . Uses proper telephone etiquette.
19. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's , Foreign currency exchange etc.
20. Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures. Courier Mail Register
21. Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
22. Attends department meetings.
23. Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
24. Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
25. Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
26. Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
27. Other tasks as assigned by management and/or as required by the business.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Experience: Previous one year minimum hotel-related experience in similar position is required, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Please print and complete the application as instructed:
Thank you and hope to count you as our newest team member soon...
Company Description Experience our Superior Quality & Service
Welcome to the Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester Hotel & Conference Center's employment listing (). Our hotel was created to serve as your "home away from home" while traveling for business or leisure. We strive to maintain the cleanest and best accommodations possible in Connecticut with a guest service record second to none. Don't believe us? Read some of our testimonials from past guests.
We have been recognized as "the best kept secret" in the lodging industry for the Greater Hartford area. We also have received numerous awards including TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and Baymont's Pride of Baymont Inn & Suites which are awarded to select properties that have exceptionally high guest satisfaction scores.
We offer our guests many choices among our 80 beautifully furnished guest rooms. Every room has been designed with you (our Guest) in mind and offers the utmost in comfort and convenience. Our 70 deluxe rooms feature one or two beds and our 10 spacious two-room suites feature one or two beds as well as Jacuzzi tubs, walk-in showers, full-size refrigerators and microwaves along with two televisions and a dvd/vcr unit. All of our rooms include complimentary wireless internet access, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, cable tv, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
Our hotel is also host to the Manchester Conference Center. We have five beautiful conference/ banquet rooms totaling over 3500 square feet available for your corporate and special event needs. Please view our conference center page for additional information and to contact our sales department.
Our hotel is conveniently located off Exit 63 off Interstate 84 in Manchester Connecticut. Within walking distance you will find Tomato Joe ?? ?? ??s and Sheas Grill (a popular Italian restaurant with a great Summer Bar). Within a few mile radius you will find many national franchise restaurants as well as amazing local ones (Elmo ?? ?? ??s Dockside, Wooster Street Pizza, Wood n Tap). Two of Connecticut ?? ?? ??s biggest and nicest malls (The Shoppes at Buckland Hill and the Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk) surround us as well as countless shopping possibilities. We are close to thousands of businesses including some major companies (Unison Engine Components, Scan-Optics Headquarters, TicketNetwork and Cox Communications). The city of Hartford (capitol of Connecticut) is located 8 miles away - an easy ride on I-84. The University of Connecticut is a pleasurable scenic twenty minute drive away...
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, our warm and friendly staff will ensure that your stay is a memorable one. Our goal is to have you anticipating your next visit. Let us share our famous Hometown Hospitality with you and you'll see why our motto is
"WE ARE MORE THAN YOU EXPECT!"
Hotel & Conference Center 100% Non-Smoking. Sorry, we are unable to accept pets.
Complete the required information here first. Then please visit our corporate website and click on the employment tab. You will find a link halfway down the text that allows you to download and print our company specific employment application packet. You must complete it and return it along with a picture for your employment file prior to us being able to schedule you for an interview. Thank you and good luck.