Retail Sales - Designer - Westfarms
Nordstrom isn't just another job-it's a career. We're a leading fashion retailer that's offered the very best of what's next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees' careers and building long-term relationships with our customers and employees. It's fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
A day in the life???
As a member of our Designer selling team, you'll play a dual role-part fashion aficionada, part confidant. In this role, you will???
- Build relationships with customers by providing the best service possible and attending to their individual shopping needs-whether they need a last-minute handbag or want to invest in a new seasonal wardrobe.
- Alert customer through our Personal Book system, email, Instagram, and Facebook about styles as they hit the floor and invite them to exclusive in-store events.
- Share your knowledge and excitement about the latest trends.
- Tell it like it is in the fitting room or in the chair, giving tactful, honest feedback and guidance to customers on style, trends and fit.
- Help customers receive all the benefits and perks of shopping at Nordstrom by offering and opening Nordstrom RewardsTM accounts for them.
- Be a great team player by doing your part to keep the department "runway ready," including stocking, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning.
You own this if you???
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent, preferred
- Love the idea of working in a commission based environment and writing your own paycheck-the more you sell, the more you make.
- Are inspired to work in the fashion industry.
- Excel in a competitive team environment and are motivated by setting and meeting goals.
- Build great relationships with customers and co-workers through stellar communication and follow-through.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment thanks to your ace organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Embrace a flexible scheduled based on department and store needs.
We've got you covered???
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.