Urgent Care Provider
Urgent Care Provider (APRN or PA) - CHC at Connecticut Children's
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 130,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients-and our communities-healthy. We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology. We use the latest treatments and technologies within the Patient-Centered Medical Home Model (PCMH) to care for our growing patient base.
This is a full time position supporting our CHC at Connecticut Children's site.
As a Urgent Care Provider for Community Health Center, you will:
- Assess and treat common acute and episodic illness of children
- Provide setting-appropriate services as appropriate
- Perform appropriate diagnostic waived testing as required and arrange for follow up care with PCP as indicated
- Provide problem-specific education to individual and family members as appropriate
- Utilize evidence based standards in formulating treatment plan, and communicate rationale for decision making with patients
- Document all findings, including appropriate plan for follow up care, in electronic health record
- Participate in the organization's quality improvement program
APRN/PA Qualifications - Required for this role:
- Graduate of an accredited Master of Science in Nursing program or Physician Assistant Master's program
- Licensed as either a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Master of Nursing (MSN)
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Medical Doctor (M.D.)
CPR - American Red Cross or American Heart Association
APRN (Nurse Practitioner) - State of Connecticut
Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
Apply online to requisition number 5534
Apply online: https://careers- chcjobs.icims.com/jobs