IT Infrastructure Network Architect:
The Network Architect is responsible for the strategic architectural direction of the wired and wireless network infrastructure architecture, enabling the organization to meet business objectives. This is a permanent full-time position, which requires an in-depth knowledge of establishing architectural principles for network capabilities across the enterprise.
* Serves as the subject matter expert to provide strategic oversight and planning of enterprise network, voice, and video infrastructure initiatives to ensure they are properly designed and in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies. Set and manage stakeholders' expectations; recommend solutions; manage vendor relationships; mediate between infrastructure, enterprise architecture, and application teams.
* Establish key vendor relationships with IT leadership; assess emerging technologies; provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities. Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor roadmaps; ability to balance costs against benefits.
* Ability to define/document target architecture; anticipate network, voice, and video growth; ensure scalable and flexible core technologies; stay abreast of industry trends and to quickly assess new products; use KPI's and effective metrics to improve key processes; bridge typically separate areas across the infrastructure landscape. Understanding of business drivers and stakeholder requirements; understanding of documentation and architectural frameworks; experience in capacity and performance management.
* Lead and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of infrastructure and technology standards, process, and policies related to core infrastructure areas. Develops and reviews solutions to ensure network, voice, and video infrastructure systems and associated processes align with IT Strategies and Roadmaps.
* Review and recommend infrastructure technologies to meet business needs and priorities and to align with enterprise strategies. Design the technical network, voice, and video infrastructure for the enterprise; effectively integrate solutions into the existing infrastructure; document current state infrastructure architecture; consult on key projects; confirm the deployed solutions meet the business' needs and technical requirements.
* Participate to develop and manage ongoing enterprise architecture governance structure on basis of business plus IT strategies. Promote organization architecture process and results to organization inclusive of business leaders and enterprise's IT.
* Develops system requirements and standards and ensures that systems will be secure and effectively integrated with current infrastructure. Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to the business application teams regarding new technologies and system requirements.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in IT or equivalent work experience with 10 years of demonstrable experience designing and integrating network infrastructures.
* Thorough knowledge of network and video infrastructure, application architecture, and web and software applications.
* Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) is a plus.
* TOGAF Certification is a plus.
* ITIL Certification is a plus.
Company Description Armstrong Consulting Group helps companies in diverse industries by providing contract, contract to hire and permanent staffing solutions in all areas of Information Technology, Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Administration.
We attract, recruit and deliver the highest quality professionals best suited for organizations by fully understanding the requirements and culture of our customers. As a highly respected and professionally managed team with over 25 years experience in the staffing industry, we foster long term relationships with clients and candidates as they successfully grow their businesses and careers.