Outside Sales Associate
Outside Commercial Flooring Sales Associate
Looking For a Career, Not a Job?
If you are outgoing, motivated, able to multi-task, and communicate clearly. If you are a detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you're the type of person who desires compensation based on results, your financial security is assured by being assertive, creative, and by building your client base.
About the Position
Outside Commercial Flooring Sales Associate
They must have the ability to develop key relationships with designers, architects, contractors, insurance adjustors, and retail consumers. The ability to measure at the job site and determine the amount of material needed, or do take-offs from architectural plans is required!! A complete training program is provided. Our company offers a great work atmosphere, excellent earning potential, and full benefits to any successful candidate. The objective is always to provide both design and flooring advice that will make the customers buying decision easier. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be willing to spend time prospecting for new clients, and networking within the community. In order to be successful the candidate must also be willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become a certified flooring expert.
It is also expected that the individual be a self- starter, personally well organized, and willing to create new business as well as to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
Although not an all inclusive list, the following are some of duties and expectations for this position:
- Sell flooring, floor care products, and more.
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of floors and other products we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Writing sales orders-computer based.
- Helping work through and following up after completion of job.
- Building client relationships.
- Networking regularly and working effectively with other store employees.
- Executing sales strategies.
- Receiving payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders. Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Answering questions from and providing information to customers about flooring.
- Assisting customers with flooring choices - explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring.
- Helping customers with their choice through decorating and design advice.
- Visiting customer's homes or workplace to provide product and design advice.
- Prospecting for new business.
Schneider's Flooring America has long been regarded as the premier flooring store in the Vernon community. Locally owned and operated for more than 20 years, we are known for our superior customer service, and professional staff. Because we belong to the largest floor covering cooperative in the world, our company offers the very best flooring products, in a high volume showroom, with only the most qualified installers.
We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Personal days
- Employee discounts
- And more
The skills and abilities we're seeking include:
?? A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design
?? Must be willing and able to attend some off site training.
?? Must have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers' homes.
?? Must have open and flexible work availability.
?? Must have strong knowledge Microsoft Office programs and be willing to learn our operating system.
?? A history of demonstrated success in sales and/or customer service.
?? Flooring experience is not required.
?? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
?? Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality.
?? Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
?? Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following:
?? An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
?? Salary history and/or requirements
We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Schneider's Flooring America is an Equal Opportunity Employer