Construction Project Scheduler
Turner & Townsend is GROWING! We are looking to add several Project Schedulers to our team in the Northeast. The Project Scheduler functions include advanced planning, scheduling, progress measurement, change management implementation and analysis that may involve a major project or several smaller projects. A thorough understanding of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis, Risk Management, and support of project objectives.
- Implement Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Company and contractor roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) in concert with Project Lead, Project cost engineer and contractor project controls leads, and in conjunction with Project Execution Plans.
- Promote and maintain the overall integration and integrity of contractor schedules within the Program suite of project schedules.
- Provide interface and quality assurance to Project functional groups and contractors regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance.
- Support the Project Team in the implementation of an integrated enterprise based, cross functional and EPC master schedule program.
- Preparing Staffing, Engineering and Construction progress and customized reports.
- Perform Critical Path Analysis.
- Perform probabilistic analysis on integrated schedules and contractor schedules.
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole.
- Analyze deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks / delays and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the Monthly Project Report and specific reports / presentations.
- Analyze and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance / change order.
- Prepare resourcing plans for the overall and individual project phases, identifying any excessive peak numbers and making recommendations for peak levelling.
- Ensure that schedule related data from vendors, suppliers, engineering and construction contractors of actual projects is provided as feedback into the planning and scheduling systems.
- Working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising your independence as a planning engineer so you're in a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgment.
- Candidate will need to balance multiple projects that will likely be executed in multiple locations and by multiple contractors. Candidate must be flexible and able to balance / prioritize multiple priorities.
- Track and Monitor Portfolio Schedule
- Bachelors' Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years' project controls and time/schedule management experience.
- Proficient - expert experience level using project scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera P3, P5 and P6), Excel, PowerPoint and Pertmaster.
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The tenacity and drive to inject value and create solutions
- Develops good working relationships with project team
- Ability to travel if required