Clinical Research Nurse Manager
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Yale Cancer Center is Connecticut's only cancer center designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and one of only 47 in the nation. Yale Cancer Center delivers the highest quality patient-centered care, achieves breakthrough discoveries, and trains the future leaders in cancer science and medicine. There are over 190 clinical trials providing the most advanced cancer therapies at Smilow Cancer Hospital and in the 11 Care Centers, and trials are available within 20+ disease units. Yale has been at the forefront of understanding the fundamental mechanisms of cancer biology and in developing effective therapies for the treatment of cancer, and harnesses the resources of the Yale School of Medicine and Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven to advance cancer research, prevention, and patient care, as well as community outreach and education.
The Clinical Research Nurse Manager will be responsible for collaborating and coordinating research activities with Investigator Physicians at Smilow Cancer Hospital at St. Francis ambulatory and in-patient units. Ensures protocol compliance, good clinical practice and adherence to federal regulations, Yale University policies, and Clinical Trial Office SOPs by supervising the clinical research support staff in the conduct of clinical protocol activities. Ensures excellence in the design, plan delivery and evaluation for implementation of clinical research at Yale. Routinely monitors research charts for accurate, complete, and timely data and provides coaching and counseling to direct reports as needed. Serves as the central point of contact for the interdisciplinary team related to day to day clinical trial specific operations.
This position is located in Hartford, CT.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic/scientific field and a minimum of 4 years of experience in clinical trials research or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and supervisory skills, with proven ability to successfully facilitate work across interdisciplinary teams to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to comprehend and provide clear oral and written communication to safeguard the safety of clinical trial participants. Strong clinical and analytical skills. Proven ability to evaluate and assess subject’s suitability for inclusion into studies, obtain informed consent, determine patient eligibility and coordinate patient enrollment.
- Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines. Proven experience interpreting federal, state, University and sponsor policies and regulations. Experience with interpreting complex oncology clinical trial protocols and federal, state, local guidelines.
- Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently, while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Extreme flexibility in work focus; ability to switch among several different projects without any adverse effects.
- Demonstrated ability to report on the status of project deliverables and draft and submit project updates to Yale team and study sponsor.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- BSN or Associates degree with four years of clinical research experience. Two years of experience in oncology research. Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2yIXojX. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.