SARAH Inc., is seeking a Physical Therapist to add to our growing organization.
The Physical Therapist provides support to infants, toddlers and their families enrolled in the KIDSTEPS Birth to Three program at SARAH, Inc. The Physical Therapist provides coaching and support to caregivers and their children in the areas of motor skills, language, cognition, social behaviors, and learning style as they work through their various routines.
KIDSTEPS is open to both professional and paraprofessional levels. This is a 20 hour a week position, providing flexible hours, both in home and community visits, while still having support from your team of colleagues at a weekly staff meeting. As a staff member, you will also have the benefit of participating in monthly reflective supervision.
- Evaluate and assess children and families.
- Plan and develop curriculums and IFSP's (Individualized Family Service Plans) that meet individual developmental needs.
- Complete and maintain records in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Perform functions of service coordinator as assigned, ensuring that Early Intervention services achieve desired outcomes for families and children served and meet state standards
- Communicate effectively through a family-centered philosophy, and respect for cultural diversity manner with families, staff, and community representatives.
- Comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices providing Birth to Three early intervention services.
- Participate in periodic regional, staff and team meetings with early intervention professionals.
- Assist in promoting and supporting community awareness and relationships of SARAH, Inc. and KIDSTEPS.
- Licensed by the Connecticut Department of Public Health under § 20 -70 C.G.S.
- Experience in children and family services with a focus on Early Intervention preferred
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid US driver’s license, insurance and an acceptable driving record as determined by our company’s policies
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours and drive to varying locations
KIDSTEPS is the children’s division of SARAH Inc. and is a Birth to Three early intervention program serving infants and toddlers with developmental delays. The KIDSTEPS service region encompasses 31 towns throughout southern and eastern Connecticut. Our professional staff of certified therapists, early childhood specialists and teachers offer evaluations, services and service coordination as defined by the CT Birth to Three System (www.Birth23.org)
Apply for Physical Therapist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly