Principal Consultant: Technical Architect - East Hartford, CT
- Job Board
Job Description: Essential Job Functions
- Gathers technical requirements and translates requirements into hardware and software capabilities (Technical).
- Communicates technical architecture direction and coordinates technical proof of concept analyses (Technical).
- Assists in solving technical and performance problems within the technical infrastructure (Technical).
- Develops required work products for technology, application, and data domains of change (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 5-8 resources (company, client and third-party resources), in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Participates in providing gap analyses, from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition (Business).
- Interacts with confidence and ease when interacting with middle- and senior-level managers (client and company); uses complex strategies like indirect influence to build consensus and support (Relationship Management).
- Assists sales staff in qualifying leads and generating proposals (Leverage).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal orals, client workshops and regional internal events; develops proposal sections, methodology work products and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Six or more years of consulting experience with technical architecture analysis and design
- One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more technical specialty areas
- Experience working with company, client , and/or equivalent vendor-mandated methodology
- Experience working with one or more technical platforms
- Experience working with technical infrastructure communication issues of low to medium complexity
- Good technical infrastructure design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Willingness to travel