Loss Prevention Part-Time
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure ! Cabela's has an opening for a Part-time Operations Support (Loss Prevention) Outfitter at our East Hartford, CT retail store.
Position summary: Assists the with the Operations Support function in the Store to include: shrink control, safety adherence, inventory control, physical security, etc.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Executes all related policies, practices and direction from the Operations Manager
3) Supports all Physical Security expectations and follows SOPs
4) Participates in "Safety Committee" activities
5) Oversees firearm procedures, i.e.: 4473 audits, sales/return/transfer issues, monthly gun audits
6) Assists with all company audit programs including price management and inventory management programs
7) Monitors cash and merchandise handling at all registers.
8) Maintains a safe working environment at all times
9) Maintains strict confidentiality
10) Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
11) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates and customers.
12) Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High School degree or equivalent
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
First aid trained. On first response team for associate and customer accidents.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.